Monday, August 20, 2012

Things I will learn, have learned, want to learn


If there is ONE thing that is going to ruin me in the class it will be not getting enough sleep. I've never had an academic class 0 period, and now that its THIS class...I'm terrified. I babysit, and when I work in the evenings I might be out of home until easily 11 o'clock. Since they're toddlers, it will be very unlikely that I will be able to do homework while they're awake. I'm probably just being paranoid.This will, hopefully, provide incentive to learn how to manage my time better. This seems daunting, but CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I'm going to work my ass off.


As for a lesson that I've learned...lets just say there was this guy. Let's say that there was drama involved.  But that's not where I learned my lesson. Every summer, I volunteer for an organization called Royal Family Kids Camp. RFKC is a non-proselytizing Christian organization that puts on a week long camp for foster children who have been victims of neglect, abandonment or abuse. While I was at this camp this past summer, I had brought an old flannel shirt that aforementioned guy had given me to sleep in. My job at the camp was to watch the kids at night, so I was doing so. One of the little girls mentioned to another "I don't have any pajamas." My heart immediately sank, and I knew what I had to do. I gave the little girl that shirt, and she wore it the rest of the week. That crappy old flannel, from a crappy situation, touched that little unloved girl and made her feel loved. I cried that night. I suppose the lesson to be learned from this is not that everything happens for a reason, but rather, sometimes things can turn out bad but still have good come from them. The thought makes me smile.







No comments:

Post a Comment